Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I learn every day

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

Today I'd like to take with me the knowledge that I will carry what I need with me inside my body.  Inherently, I have everything I need, I have only to see it that way, and it will be! 

A whimsical excerpt that I found this morning strck chords of similar feeling that I wanted to share: "Honestly, Buddhism puzzles the hell out of most people in the West. (Actually, it puzzles the hell out of people everywhere, but we’ll stick with the West for today.)" (Charlie Martin, PJ Media)   Something surrounding the beliefs of Buddhism does this very thing to people who are indoctrinated in Western mindset.  This realm of different-mindedness causes fear in the unknown, which I find interesting, because the more I have absorbed from this structure is so very UN-scary. 

Great food for thought and contemplation for today.   My journey moves on!

Be well and thrive!  =)

No comments: