Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blogger doesn't agree with me.


Aforementioned photo gets added to this post, because it wouldn't situate itself in the right position in the last post. Whoops on me.

Since I made another post for this photo, I might as well talk about the project. :)

The shawl was a pattern I pulled off the internet for free. It's origins are Cascade, or something like that. This is made with about 6 or 7 different yarns total. Throughout the whole shawl is carried a black wool/acrylic boucle and one other type of yarn. Every "whenever I felt like it", I would switch that second yarn to another color, creating the striping.

This was a late Christmas present about 2 or 3 years ago (I forget), but the friend I made it for professes that no matter where she goes, she gets obscene amounts of compliments on it, and has even told me a co-worker of hers would pay me "out the ears" to have one herself. Though I've considered the option, I don't know that the time expenditure, in addition to the colors her co-worker wants would make it feasible. As most of us knitters know, a hand-knit for sale is an expensive piece of work. In a lot of cases it's much less expensive to just find something comparable in retail.

No comments: